[Help-smalltalk] Re: Newbie warning! (my first smalltalk gui object)

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Newbie warning! (my first smalltalk gui object)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:13:05 +0200

Hello again,

found my mistake, the new method wasn't a class-method and did not return an instance...

new
    | instance |
    instance := super new.
    ^instance

works now!

And I found the site, on where I could register to this newsgroup!

Now I would only like to know, if there's a site to download a windows-binary version and for a good beginers book on smalltalk (maybe gnu-smalltalk related).

Thanks again,
Joachim.