Re: [Help-smalltalk] GST 2.1.8 install problem on Cygwin

From: nicolas n pelletier
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GST 2.1.8 install problem on Cygwin
Date: 25 Jun 2004 10:39:21 +0200

Isaac Gouy <address@hidden> writes:

> > make[3]: *** No rule to make target `-lgmp', needed by `libgst.la'
>
> I noticed the post last month "[Help-smalltalk] FYI: GNU Smalltalk
> 2.1.5 on Cygwin" and changed -lgmp to /lib/libgmp.la in libgst/Makefile

I had a similar error on sparc-sun-solaris2.6 with -lreadline... Maybe
you are experiencing the same problem ?

In my  case, -lreadline was  added to both lines  libgst_la_LIBADD and
libgst_la_DEPENDENCIES.  The  first gives the  additional libraries to
link against when building libgst, and the second the dependencies for
libgst  (and should  not include  linker flags  such as  -lreadline or
-lgmp).

Removing  these  flags  from  the end  of  the  libgst_la_DEPENDENCIES
definition in libgst/Makefile was a quick hack that worked for me.

I  think the  fix  is  to modify  libgst/Makefile.am  as attached  and
regenerate the Makefile.

Regards,

--
Nicolas