Re: [Help-smalltalk] quirk in the build system: overwrites packages.xml

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] quirk in the build system: overwrites packages.xml
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:10:13 +1000

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 16:04 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> The pre-built packages.xml file is there just to satisfy vpath builds; I
> don't remember the details.  It is ok to have it .cvsignored for now, we'll
> fix that later.

Erm, thats strange. So, you want that removed from 'CVS' - done. What
about other generated files - like Makefile.in, configure, libtool
etc... do you want them under revision control? My normal practice is to
only have those files present in distributed tarballs,

> (As for enums, I am not at home now.  Sorry, just wait two days...)

Ok.. I'll manually edit enums.c for now :}.

Rob