Re: [Help-smalltalk] quirk in the build system: overwritespackages.xml

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] quirk in the build system: overwritespackages.xml
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:43:37 +0200

> Erm, thats strange.

Since we're overhauling the PackageLoader, let's do this thing right.  I
seem to recall it is because it failed to find a packages.xml file in the
parent of the kernel directory... I'll see to fix it in a less hackish way.

> So, you want that removed from 'CVS' - done. What
> about other generated files - like Makefile.in, configure, libtool
> etc... do you want them under revision control? My normal practice is to
> only have those files present in distributed tarballs,

Yes, I'd remove and .cvsignore them.  Basically, everything that is added by
autoreconf -fvi belongs in .cvsignore, including autom4te.cache directories.