Re: [Help-smalltalk] A few comments on the Gtk+ bindings

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] A few comments on the Gtk+ bindings
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:46:51 +1000

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 18:23 -0700, MSA or SJF wrote:
> --- Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > it's ok OTOH for me to give broken GTK bindings that
> > work ok only for
> > the browser.
>
> Can I request that the GTK bindings be kept unbroken,
> and patches required for the Browser specifically be
> separated out into a different package?

By broken, Paolo means that the BLOX implementation built on top of GTK+
is still incomplete, and that rather than disable calls to (say)
background color from the browser, the background colour methods should
be stubbed out in the blox-gtk. Programs written against GTK+ will not
be affected at all.

Rob