[Help-smalltalk] scripts, debugging & arguments

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] scripts, debugging & arguments
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:43:08 +1000

So, the thought occured to me that being able to debug a command-line
(or gui script) within the browser would be really useful.

I.e.:
1) fire up blox
2) File In a script (I chose gtk/example_vfs.st).

But: how do we give that script parameters ?
We could do Smalltalk at: #arguments put: #('foo'), followed by the file
in, but that obvious concurrency problems. (i.e. testing two scripts in
parallel or similar..).

So, can we do something whereby scripts that check for their parameters
can be given custom parameters as part of the fileIn:

FileStream fileIn: 'foo.st' withArguments: #('foo.png')

?

Rob