Re: [Help-smalltalk] Delay and fork

From: Stewart Stremler
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Delay and fork
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:03:20 -0800

begin quoting Markus Fritsche as of Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:43:58AM +0100:
> Stewart Stremler wrote:
>
> | I'm wondering if I have the wrong idiom, or if it's a case of You
> | Can't Do That So Stop Trying.
>
> You fork your processes at the same priority. By default, Smalltalk is
> non-preemptible. They run until they yield or have finished their work.

So the forkWithoutPreemption method on BlockClosure is misdirection then?
That's the _default_ behavior?

Hm.

I guess I assumed that Delay's wait would yield control as well. Silly
me.

<poke> <poke>

I see. I need to configure with  --enable-preemption, presumably.

Thanks.

-S.