Re: [Help-smalltalk] Documentation

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Documentation
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:39:50 -0500

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 00:27 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Before I get too far, is any trying to update the documentation (the
> users manual)? I've pulled down the html version and converted it into
> a couple of different formats so far.

The HTML is generated output from makeinfo.  The original is written in
Texinfo, and is in the source distribution.  Perhaps this is why it
appears hard to maintain, if indeed you found that by looking at the
HTML.

> I've started to work it into OpenOffice.org's document format. One
> possible benefit of that is the format of the data will be xml that
> can be reformatted more easily.

Can it be output to node-based HTML, GNU Info, and processed through
TeX?

--
Stephen Compall