Re: [Help-smalltalk] Regex sub -expressions

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Regex sub -expressions
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:19:46 +0200

The reason for passing the C structure to Smalltalk is that it allows the user to access it directly as an optimization, and also to decide that they would prefer the results in something other than a Dictionary of Intervals.

It's fine with me. I am applying a similar patch, except that I create an object rather than a Dictionary, and I am using the full version all around.

I'm still testing, I'll post it here.

Incidentally, the fact that both regex implementations are in the examples directory suggests that they are not 'official' packages. Could we not elevate one to 'official' status?

I did not want to do so until we had an official API. But it was already "kind of" official, in that it was loaded by the module Regex.

Also, there is only one implementation in fact.