Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: IO and Process Scheduler

From: kraehe
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: IO and Process Scheduler
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 23:17:52 +0200

Moin Paolo Bonzini,

> Ah yes, that's known.  It is not a bug, but more of a missing feature:
> the console blocks the processes, but it will work as usual if, for
> example, you add a
>    Processor activeProcess suspend
> or, better, add to MUDServer a #wait method that suspends the current
> process until a method (#close maybe) is called -- maybe with a semaphore.

  suspending the console does not help much - the client will read a line,
  and next the server will block the client, till a new connection allows
  them to run. Any additional client will just add to the problem, that
  IO based process scheduling is broken somewhere. I at first also though
  its a completely missing feature, but the poller should do the trick,
  so I asume that gst is losing some signals somewhere.

> The mailing list archive has a sketch of how to fix this.

  could you point me to an URL or to some keyword to search for ?

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.29'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM