[Help-smalltalk] Confusing abort (in GTK app)

From: Mike Anderson
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Confusing abort (in GTK app)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:13:53 +0000

Hi,

I have a small app (source below) that displays a grid of 9x9 buttons. When I resize it, it sometimes aborts. Sometimes it aborts after one or two resizings, and sometimes it takes many (say 20). Possibly the number of controls has an effect - with only 4x4 it didn't seem to have a problem.

I've tried several variations (eg. taking the tictactoe example and adding more buttons), and in general the result is the same. I've ruled out GTK, though, as a pure C equivalent has no problems.

The confusing thing is that I can't see that any code outside of GTK should be running when the window is resized.

Any thoughts?

Mike

address@hidden ~/smalltalk $ gst -gI GTK.im sudoku/Sudoku.0.st
sudoku/Sudoku.0.st:35: Aborted
sudoku/Sudoku.0.st:35: Error occurred while not in byte code interpreter!!
[0xffffe420]
/lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x178)[0x40051638]
gst[0x8062618]
gst[0x807fcb7]
[0xffffe420]
gst(realloc+0x2c)[0x807a3dc]
/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_realloc+0x33)[0x449bcd63]
Aborted

Sudoku.0.st:

PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'!

Namespace current: GTK
!

Gtk gstGtkInit
!

        | wnd ebox tbl vbox |
        wnd := GtkWindow new: Gtk gtkWindowToplevel.

        (tbl := GtkTable new: 3 columns: 3 homogeneous: true) show.
        tbl setRowSpacings: 3; setColSpacings: 3.
        wnd add: tbl.

        1 to: 9 do:
                [ :xa |
                1 to: 9 do:
                        [ :ya | | btn |

                        (btn := GtkButton newWithLabel: 'x') show.
                        tbl
                                attachDefaults: btn
                                leftAttach: xa - 1
                                rightAttach: xa