[Help-smalltalk] gst on AMD64 gentoo linux

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] gst on AMD64 gentoo linux
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:11:46 +0200

Greetings,

I just did a
  tar xzf smalltalk-2.1.11.tar.gz
  cd smalltalk-2.1.11
  autoconf
  ./configure
  make
which ran without any suspicious behaviour.

address@hidden smalltalk-2.1.11 $ gst -a hello
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> Smalltalk arguments inspect !
..... very long pause .... Ctrl-C
Object: ValueHolder new "<0x2a96176de0>" error: interrupted!!!
SystemExceptions.UserInterrupt(Exception)>>#signal
SystemExceptions.UserInterrupt class(Exception class)>>#signal
ValueHolder(Object)>>#userInterrupt
CFunctionDescriptor>>#callFrom:into:
SystemDictionary>>#getArgv:
optimized [] in SystemDictionary>>#arguments
Interval>>#collect:
SystemDictionary>>#arguments
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements
nil
st>

so..... where do I need to tweak things to get this to work?

and yes, that's not my first run ... "make check" got stuck
at the first ANSI test (array iirc) and I poked around until
I found the culprit.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |