Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst 2.1.11 - Gtk+ binding examples

From: Michael Haupt
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst 2.1.11 - Gtk+ binding examples
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:26:08 +0200

Hi Mike,

I'm sending this to the list again, since your response was sent to me only.

On 8/28/05, Mike Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> The example scripts don't include any command to actually load the
> package. You basically need a chunk:
>
> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'
> !
>
> at the top of each example script, or create an image with the package
> loaded:
>
> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'!
> ObjectMemory snapshot: 'GTK.im'; quit!
>
> Then your invocation would be:
>
> gst -gI GTK.im example_hello.st

Thanks for this, but the symptoms are quite similar still. As far as I
can see from the output this generates, it attempts to load the same
files as GtkDecl.st. The output this time, when loading MoreFuncs.st,
is:

-----
Recompiling classes...
Object: nil error: did not understand
#defineCFunc:withSelectorArgs:returning:args:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>#doesNotUnderstand:
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements
(((many more of those)))
-----

So, this time, gst doesn't complain about some C functions not having
been defined, but about #defineCFunc:withSelectorArgs:returning:args:
being sent to nil. Actually, it's sent to Gtk, but that class does not
seem to be existing.

Again, thanks for your help, but I'm afraid I need some more...

Best regards,

Michael Haupt