Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on Mac OS X compilation error

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on Mac OS X compilation error
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:40:08 +0100

Philipp Riegger wrote:

On Dec 18, 2005, at 5:57 PM, Philipp Riegger wrote:

I just tried to install GNU Smalltalk on OS X using NetBSD pkgsrc.

I get an error while compiling smalltalk-2.1.9/examples/gdbm.c because gdbm.c has "#include <malloc.h>" and there is no such file (/usr/include/malloc.h) on OS X. Is there any way to fix this or to compile Smalltalk without the examples?

So, this problem is solved by changing #include<malloc.h> to #include<stdlib.h>, but why is this not done by configure or somthing like this? I want to report a bug, where can i do it?

Because 2.1.9 is old. It's fixed now; you could report the bug to the NetBSD pkgsrc maintainers.

What package are you referring to with these version numbers?