Re: [Help-smalltalk] I've lost .so shared libraries!?

From: Mike Anderson
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] I've lost .so shared libraries!?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:34:07 +0000

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> Mike Anderson (29.04. 19:51):
>

>>A secondary problem is that, on my Gentoo system, there are comments
>>inserted into /etc/ld.so.conf (by the command etc-update) which are not
>>stripped out, although I'm not sure this would actually break anything.
>

> I am running gentoo (~amd64) here, too, and there are only two comment
> lines in /etc/ld.so.conf
>
>   # ld.so.conf autogenerated by env-update; make all changes to
>   # contents of /etc/env.d directory

That's right.

> They don't break anything.

Not normally, but they end up in LTDL_SYSSEARCH_PATH with each word as a
separate entry. It isn't very likely to get used, as far as I can see.
In fact, it seems to me that it shouldn't be there at all.

> If you have a short code sample, I'll give my gst a try.

In gst:

DLD addLibrary: 'libpq'!
DLD libraryList printNl!

I'm expecting something like:
OrderedCollection ('libpq'->CObject(16r8335898) )

not:
OrderedCollection ('libpq'->nil )

which is what I get now. Replace libpq with any library that has a .so
but no .la.

Mind you, I've just tried this with 2.1g and I'm getting nil with that
as well. I could have sworn that used to work. Now I'm really confused.

Thanks for testing. You'll help my sanity if nothing else.

Mike