Re: [Help-smalltalk] gtk2

From: Mike Anderson
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gtk2
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 16:41:38 +0000

Krishna wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> What should I do to get the gtk examples to work? I've built it
> properly with gst but get segfaults when I run the samples.
>
> Cheers,
> Krishna

You can run them several ways, but for example, running gst from the gtk
directory:

st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'!

(lots of messages)

st> FileStream fileIn: 'example_arrow.st'!

(little window with four buttons appears)

A Smalltalk backtrace or a Gtk+ error causing an Abort are likely
scenarios with Gtk+ programming, not that they should occur with the
examples. A segfault is a bit more worrying.

Which example(s) are you trying, how are you running them, what OS and
version of GST do you have, and what configure options)? If you compiled
with --enable-preemption or --enable-jit in particular, I would try
again without them and see if it makes a difference.

Mike