[Help-smalltalk] Trying to run browser...

From: Brian Brown
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Trying to run browser...
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:03:52 -0600

Hey all,

I have a fresh xUbuntu install, (6.06) and I have installed gst from the synaptic package manager. The went fine, and gst runs fine from the command line.

I loaded up the info pages and started going through them and then tried the command:

gst -qK browser/Run.st

Which provided the following traceback:
"Scavenging... 92% reclaimed, done"
Object: DLD error: requested module blox-tk was not found
SystemExceptions.CInterfaceError(Exception)>>#signal
SystemExceptions.CInterfaceError class(Exception class)>>#signal:
DLD class>>#addModule:
optimized [] in PackageLoader class>>#primFileInPackage:
Set(HashedCollection)>>#do:
PackageLoader class>>#primFileInPackage:
optimized [] in PackageLoader class>>#fileInPackages:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>#do:
PackageLoader class>>#fileInPackages:
PackageLoader class>>#fileInPackage:
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements
/usr/share/gnu-smalltalk/browser/Run.st:44: invalid scope resolution

I did some searching on the internet/news groups, and didn't find much help... I do have the tk-dev stuff installed, which was one question that paolo had asked someone else who had this problem.

I have built gst on MacOSX as well, and the browser exhibited the same behaviour.

Any thoughts?

Brian