[Help-smalltalk] Documentation syntax

From: Bram Neijt
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Documentation syntax
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:37:45 +0200

Hi Smalltalk users,

As I'm just beginning, the only thing I can do is test, try and
experiment with it. Another thing I can do is document stuff as I
learn.

I'm hoping to create an online documentation system which can be
exported/spliced into the source when needed and vice-versa. Because
we only have one documentation comment block per function, we need
extra syntax to allow the defenition of arguments etc.

Some of these syntaxes are:
- @-sign (e.g. @return, @arg hello The hello argument)
- \-sign (same but a \ instead of @
- XML
- HTML

Both XML and HTML give to much overhead in my opinion, so those seem stupid.
Furthermore, the \-sign is already an escape character, so that might
also be a problem. However, the @ sign requires the use of the SHIFT
key.

So, any strong/weak opinions either way??

Greetings,
 Bram