Re: [Help-smalltalk] Including files

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Including files
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:16:33 +0200

Yes, touch doesn't update the timestamp. It seems that the open-close is
optimized out of existence. I tried other means, but got the same
results (like adding a position 0 before the close).
A primitive using utimes would fix it, but I'm not sure how to do it (at
least I haven't tried it). I tried to utimes on Linux and Mac and it
worked beautifully, not sure about other platforms.
man utime says it's POSIX. I'd be in favour of adding #utime and
removing #touch if anyone cared to do the work ;)
Like this? I will commit this as soon as you confirm it's what you could have done.

That was just laziness on my side. I recall I was using Cygwin at the time I added File>>#touch. When I added VFS support, that one method had not changed, so I didn't bother testing if it still worked.

Thanks all for the activity that is going on these days!