Re: [Help-smalltalk] Some MIsc. Questions

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Some MIsc. Questions
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 13:48:13 -0500

Brad Watson wrote:
> 1. Does anyone know if a class-browser for gst been
> implemented for emacs ?

A multi-language browser for emacs called oo-browser has been around
for a long time.  It includes Smalltalk support.  However, it is
limited to source file analysis; it does not use the reflective
capabilities of the image, as it is geared for languages like C, Java,
and Python, and their audience.

> 2. What's the future direction of the blox ?  will gtk
> be replacing tk in blox ?

Yes to your second question, which I believe answers your first.  As
to when that will happen, "when Blox-GTK is ready".

> 5. Is the byte-code engine documented anywhere ?

Not really; see STCompLit.st and STCompiler.st in compiler/ (the
accept* methods) for some idea of what the bytecodes do.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog