[Help-smalltalk] Re: Re: MingW port of GNU Smalltalk

From: Bram Neijt
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Re: MingW port of GNU Smalltalk
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:51:13 +0200

On 9/25/06, Bonzini Paolo <address@hidden> wrote:
Cygwin should not be a problem.  For Mingw, please send me the source hacking.
Cygwin is not a problem, I have gotten smalltalk 2.2 and it's GTK
module to work perfectly and run the arrow_example.st without problems
(although you are required to run the xserving thingy, which is a
drag). However, trying Mingw got me into problems with poll.c. The
sollution seemed simple: rewriting a few defines, include <window.h>
and link in libwsock32.

Although I include this information in this mail, the resulting binary
does NOT work. During the installation, creating the basic image fails
(which is no real problem) and using a standard smalltalk image will
result in the image working (or seeming to work) but no input is taken
from anywhere. When running gst -I basic.im the system shows "GNU
Smalltalk ready\n st>" and exits.

So, the commandline is returned immediately (as if EOF was given) and
none of the input files given are actually read.

I need more time to figure out what is actually happening and going
wrong, because the current system just seems to generate broken
binaries. I'm only posting this to get people further in the install,
not as a solution or anything that should be added to the source base
right now.

I'll post new results when I get them.

Bram