Re: [Help-smalltalk] Verbosity

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Verbosity
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:37:36 +0200

Luca Bruno wrote:
Hello,
sorry if my patches are really small, this is the first time i'm reading the code ;)
No problem. It's the right way to start. Still, please configure your mailer to encode them as text/plain rather than application/octet-stream.
However this patch set verbosity > 2 for both Scavenging messages and readline symbols traceback on SIGINT, which are pretty boring.
The latter is wrong because in some cases (SIGSEGV) the backtrace is necessary. I'd prefer something like this:

     if (is_serious_error || sig == SIGUSR1
          || (_gst_verbosity > 2 && (ip || _gst_gc_running))

Can you confirm that it works?