Re: [Help-smalltalk] BLOX vs GTK

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] BLOX vs GTK
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:55:07 +0200

Mike Anderson wrote:
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
The browser is another story.  The model-dispatcher system is incredibly
complicated and I never really unravelled it.  Even the Namespace
browser was mostly done by cut'n'paste'n'hope-it-works, I'm not very
pleased to say...

I think the model-dispatcher system is quite elegant,
You mean you understood how PList and friend are updated? :-P
 but I couldn't
apply it easily to widgets like the GtkTextBuffer/View, where a lot of
the state is held outside of the image (unless you want to do a lot of
duplication).
Yes, and the same is true also for relatively simpler widgets like a single-column TreeView.