[Help-smalltalk] Float comments

From: J Pfersich
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Float comments
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:02:19 -0600

Aren't these comments supposed to be different? Isn't FloatE a C float and FloatQ a C long double? And should the precision not be mentioned as they're different on my AMD64 beastie running a 64 bit Linux?

st> FloatQ comment !
'My instances represent floating point numbers that have 64 bits of
precision (well, less than that in precision; they are precisely the same
as C's "double" datatype).  Besides the standard numerical operations,
I provide transcendental operations too.'

st> FloatD  comment !
'My instances represent floating point numbers that have 64 bits of
precision (well, less than that in precision; they are precisely the same
as C's "double" datatype).  Besides the standard numerical operations,
I provide transcendental operations too.'

st> FloatE  comment !