Re: [Help-smalltalk] Some changes to 2.2b

From: J Pfersich
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Some changes to 2.2b
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:48:08 -0700

At 08:13 AM 10/27/2006 +0900, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
J Pfersich wrote:
Here are a few changes for gst. Some are bug fixes, some are additions that I've been using. The fixes are in CharArray.st and VFS.st. The VFS bug is the createDir creation of the directory with permissions of 777. I think that world writable directories are a bad idea.
Wrong, the OS should take into account the umask shouldn't it? 0x777 means "all bits not set in the umask", not world writable.
VFS.st and File.st have changes made to the isFile method and other additions I've been using for a while now. I didn't include an isPipe in File, although it might be useful
Okay.
In the Character Array class, the isNumeric method probably should be in a "testing" category instead of the "conversion" category. Also, it should probably be set up to handle fractions and floats with exponents, too.
You're probably right.

Do you want me to take a shot at it?