[Help-smalltalk] Re: Revamped version of ncurses wrapper for gst

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Revamped version of ncurses wrapper for gst
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:51:08 +0100

I was reading the TODO file looking for items I might be capable of working on,
and saw
a comment concerning depreciating SMALLTALK_IMAGE and SMALLTALK_KERNEL
in favor of --image-directory and --kernel-directory: "(harder than it looks)" Can you elaborate a little on that comment please ?

Sure, the problem is that SMALLTALK_IMAGE and SMALLTALK_KERNEL are read in init_paths and _gst_image_file_path is used to process the '-K' option. You should make sure that "--image-directory foo -K bar.st" has the same result as "-K bar.st --image-directory foo". Likewise, "--image-directory foo -I bar.im" and "-I bar.im --image-directory foo" should both load bar.im from the current directory, rather than foo/gst.im.