Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: freeglut and opengl bindings

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: freeglut and opengl bindings
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:37:15 +0100

I have no idea of the complexity of this task.  It seems relatively
similar to JNI, which SWIG supports, in terms of complexity...

Oh!, I thought it is closer to the CLISP FFI (which SWIG supports too).

Might be. As far as I could see, the biggest design choice is whether the C function gets the argument count and an argument vector, or rather the arguments already converted to C data types and placed into different arguments. Python for example is the former, Java is the latter.