Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.2d released

From: Stewart Stremler
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.2d released
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:50:47 -0800

begin  quoting Paolo Bonzini as of Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:18:14AM +0100:
> Stewart Stremler wrote:
> >Is it better to drop the configure and make output on to a web page,
> >and then to post a url (and possibly the workaround) to the list,
> >or to post the whole thing to the list?
>
> I don't mind, either way is fine.

Okay.

First attempt to compile on a Solaris 10[1] machine:

http://www.stremler.net/temp/GST/try1.txt

My initial attempt to avoid the issue was to insert "#define _AVL_H"
-- the guard define in /usr/include/sys/avl.h -- in gstpriv.h, and
then compiling again...

http://www.stremler.net/temp/GST/try2.txt

This fails with linking problems. But hey, that's different!

I've not made significant progress beyond this; randomly excluding
things from the configure change where the compile crashes with link
problems, but that's about it.

I think I might try setting CC to the Sun compiler, just to see what
happens.  Any other suggestions?

[1] lancre> uname -a
SunOS lancre 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

--
Stewart Stremler