Re: [Help-smalltalk] STCompiler ignores current namespace change for var

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] STCompiler ignores current namespace change for var lookup in evals
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:48:14 +0100

(sorry for breaking the thread)

"I am not sure of the proper protocol here, particularly as 'nil class
environment' is indeed 'Smalltalk' regardless of the current namespace.
However, the built-in compiler's behavior seems better here."

It is.  The attached patch should fix the problem, but I have not
tested it, nor applied it yet.  If you get back to me before 2.3, I
will include it (very safe, applies only to compiler), but otherwise I
won't.