Re: [Help-smalltalk] undeclared bindings; ArrayConstructorNodes

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] undeclared bindings; ArrayConstructorNodes
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:52:33 +0100

Stephen Compall wrote:
I've been trying to load I18N with Compiler loaded in 2.3.1, using
compiler-cascade.diff from earlier.  (This patch works fine, by the
way.)

In STSymbolTable, bindingOf:for: (used for vars with paths) handles
undeclared variables during fileIn as the builtin compiler does, but
lookupPoolsFor: (used for vars without paths) does not.  Attached is
gst-lookupPoolsFor-undeclared.diff on compiler/STSymTable.st to handle
this.

I applied it, except that I renamed lookupPoolsAndUndeclaredFor: to lookupBindingOf:

RBArrayConstructorNode>>#acceptVisitor: still sends #acceptArrayNode:,
and RBProgramNodeVisitor's implementation of that descends into the
SequenceNode, presumably invoking the aforementioned #finish.

I don't know which way the renaming is going, so I just added
acceptArrayNode: to STCompiler.

I renamed every acceptArrayNode: to acceptArrayConstructorNode: and applied the other part of the patch.

Thanks (next time also include ChangeLog entries)!