[Help-smalltalk] copying RBSmallDictionary

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] copying RBSmallDictionary
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:09:35 -0600

Can anyone tell me why this happens:

st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Parser'!
st> STInST.RBSmallDictionary new at: 1 put: 2; copy!

Object: RBSmallDictionary new: 1 "<-0x4c6f1798>" error: Invalid index 2: index
out of range
SystemExceptions.IndexOutOfRange(Smalltalk.Exception)>>#signal
SystemExceptions.IndexOutOfRange class>>#signalOn:withIndex:
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.Object)>>#checkIndexableBounds:put:
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.Object)>>#basicAt:put:
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.LookupTable)>>#valueAt:put:
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.LookupTable)>>#whileGrowingAt:put:
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.LookupTable)>>#copyAllFrom:
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.HashedCollection)>>#shallowCopy
STInST.RBSmallDictionary(Smalltalk.Object)>>#copy
Smalltalk.UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements

Seems to happen for any RBSmallDictionary (defined in
compiler/ParseTreeSearcher.st) but an empty one.  I'll take a look later
to see what's going on, but any help would be welcome.

In case you are curious about context, I have been testing
ParseTreeRewriter using this:

http://scompall.nocandysw.com/gst/ptrtests.st

I have a refactoring of ParseTreeRewriter (some of which should be
pushed up to RBProgramNodeVisitor), which I'll present when I add a few
tests for multiple tree rules and get matching, non-failing test
behavior between the original and new versions.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog