[Help-smalltalk] Re: (no subject)

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:59:56 +0100

This was the question that I needed an answer for. I saw that the spec in the ANSI document and it didn't match the behavior exhibited. Nor did it match the behavior in Squeak or VW either.

Well, one integer will collide with one object in Squeak or VW too; or some integers will collide with another integer. You just cannot fit the identityHashes for the SmallIntegers and the objects in the same range as just the SmallIntegers.