Re: [Fwd: [Help-smalltalk] patch to sigsev]

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Help-smalltalk] patch to sigsev]
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 12:05:45 +0100

Frederik, this is what I got from my fellow libsigsegv maintainer, Bruno Haible. For the sake of archiviation, I'm cross posting to the GNU Smalltalk mailing list too.

Hi Bruno, I just got this patch. Do you think this is worthwhile to port it to current libsigsegv CVS?

It would be worthwhile to test libsigsegv on a PaX enabled system. But
whether this patch helps, I don't know:
  - The first part is glibc specific, while PaX also exists for OpenBSD
    and Woe32.
  - The second part is simple enough - it appears to disable /proc/pid/maps
    lines with start = end = 0 -, but in the current PaX patch for Linux 2.6
    I don't see code which would cause such "hiding" of VMA regions.