Re: [Help-smalltalk] [RFC] Smalltalk scripting syntax

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [RFC] Smalltalk scripting syntax
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:43:05 +0100

> What about +/- for class/instance method like Objective-C? I think your
> example is rather complex for defining class/instance method. For other
> parts I actually does not have good/bad points.

If I head written #new as an instance method, for example, I think
Stefan (or somebody else for him) could have spotted the problem
with this syntax.  I find instead very confusing to remember which
of +/- is a class and which is an instance method.

Also, UML has hijacked +/- for public/private respectively, which
can only add to the confusion.