Re: [Help-smalltalk] Any objections on switching to git?

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Any objections on switching to git?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:33:38 +0100

Hello Paolo,

Disclaimer: I never used a lot neither contributed to GST so take this
email with usual grain of salt.

2007/3/20, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden>:
2) Write your own here.

GIT is Linux specific, as far as I know there is no Windows port. Its
interface seems to me pretty complicated.

For my own project, I have switched from Arch to Mercurial
(http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/). Several big projects are using
Mercurial, like OpenSolaris or Xen. Apparently you have the same
features as GIT, especially bisect and visualisation tools. Mercurial
is much like GIT to me, but more portable and simpler to use. YMMV.

Best wishes,
david