[Help-smalltalk] Problem building GST Gtk package on Ubuntu Edgy

From: Sam Phillips
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Problem building GST Gtk package on Ubuntu Edgy
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 22:28:09 -0700

I've already patched my version of gawk so that I don't hit this issue
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gawk/+bug/35571 .

Now it seems that the gawk header munging of some of the methods that
are generated are causing gst to not be happy.  Here's just on from
gtk/Funcs.st:

 !GDate methodsFor: 'C call-outs'!
 setParse: *st
     <cCall: 'g_date_set_parse' returning: #void
         args: #( #self #string )>! !

My guess is that the gst syntax doesn't like '*' as the initial
character of a variable symbol.

Is this a known bug?

Cheers,
Sam