Re: [Help-smalltalk] Problem building GST Gtk package on Ubuntu Edgy

From: Sam Phillips
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Problem building GST Gtk package on Ubuntu Edgy
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 23:11:53 -0700

On 4/5/07, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> My guess is that the gst syntax doesn't like '*' as the initial
> character of a variable symbol.

Yes, the parameter name should have been "str" (munged from "*str"),
it is one byte off.

> Is this a known bug?

No, it is new.  Can you send me your gdate.h header file?

It doesn't just seem to be messing with the gdate functions I've also
gotten this gem in my gtk/Funcs.st generated:

!GOptionContext methodsFor: 'C call-outs'!
parse: *arg ***a: ***a **err: **err
   <cCall: 'g_option_context_parse' returning: #boolean
       args: #( #self #cObject #cObject #cObject )>! !

Most of the functions that use any kind of pointer type seem to be
rewritten strangely.

I've attached my gdate.h file.

Cheers,
Sam