Re: [Help-smalltalk] Continuations and generators

From: Robin Redeker
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Continuations and generators
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:55:17 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 03:25:04PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
[.snip.]
> I would like to know if there is interest in moving generators (and, as
> a prerequisite, continuations) to the main image.

Well, I never really found many other (useful) applications of continuations
than generators. But it would certanly be another way to express
yourself as a programmer.

I, as a not so experienced smalltalk user, never missed them. But I
wouldn't see any reasons against moving generators and continuations to
the main image. (It it doesn't cost much).

It's probably also another nice feature to playw ith for someone who comes by
and takes a look at gnu smalltalk.

Just my 1 cent :)

Robin