Re: [Help-smalltalk] Object>>#do: ???

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Object>>#do: ???
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 01:23:13 -0500

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 00:38 -0500, Stephen Compall wrote:
> Very.  I got a distinctly bad taste in my figurative mouth when I saw it
> in RBProgramNode.

I was going to add more prose here to explain this further, but perhaps
this is better.  This is what goes through my head:

Object extend [
    basicDoesNotUnderstand: aMessage [
        <primitive: VMpr_Object_bootstrapDNU>
    ]

    doesNotUnderstand: aMessage [
        ^(Array canUnderstand: aMessage selector)
            ifTrue: [aMessage sendTo: {self}]
            ifFalse: [self basicDoesNotUnderstand: aMessage]
    ]
]

Array extend [

--
;;; Stephen Compall ** http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog **
Failure to imagine vast possibilities usually stems from a lack of