Re: [Help-smalltalk] RE: MinGW patch

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] RE: MinGW patch
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:10:15 +0200

* socketx.c needs to include config.h as socketx.h uses
HAVE_INET_SOCKETS

Okay.

* There is an issue with build-aux/inet.m4  The MinGW libwsock32.a only
exports __stdcall decorated names (address@hidden etc) and so the test there
does not detect it. I enclose a possible patch for this.

I just moved your test in place of the old AC_CHECK_LIB.

* I stared getting alloc.h:76: warning: declaration does not declare anything
and alloc.c failed to compile. I traced the problem to a definition in
rpcndr.h which is included by winsock.h and does

Indeed alloc.c already had a workaround for this. I moved it up from alloc.c to alloc.h.

If you have time, could you improve win_recv so that it works for sockets and pipes, as well as restoring support for the third set in win_select? (Long term, it's probably just better to merge win_select and win_recv into a Windows-specific implementation of poll, but for now let's keep your solution).

Thanks!