Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.95b released

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.95b released
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:11:22 +0200

This release is almost feature complete with respect to 3.0; the only main missing piece is the conversion from the old syntax to the new one of the Smalltalk source code supplied with the distribution.

I would like to be able to file-in new syntax files with an STEvaluationDriver by 3.0, which probably would be mostly the same as

*** implement GST syntax parser for STClassLoader

Yes, it is. And I need it for automatic documentation generation of Blox/TCP/I18N, so it's a blocker for 3.0. Daniele is working on it from time to time.

Incidentally, what's happening in Montreal?

I'm there for my daily work. Nothing related to Smalltalk or GNU Smalltalk. :-)