Re: [Help-smalltalk] snapshot: NoCandyPresource.star

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] snapshot: NoCandyPresource.star
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:16:03 +0200

Incidentally, I made this with `zip -n .st:.xml NoCandyPresource.star
*.st *.xml COPYING', and I propose that all packages be made like this
by default (regardless of whether they contain a COPYING).

Doing this would only be beneficial if it means not requiring unzip. You would have to modify kernel/VFS.st to provide, instead of #uzip, a special file system used to load STAR files -- one that would only support stored files. Once this is done, I'm ok with adding the -n option. I had considered it but, since there is a requirement for unzip anyway so far, I chose not to.

Thanks for trying this out!