[Help-smalltalk] Re: gst debian package

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: gst debian package
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:11:23 +0200

Alexander Lazarevic' wrote:
Thomas,

These are all installed as hardlinks to a binary gst-tool by the gst
install. The binary decides using the programname what switches and
Scriptname (from /usr/share/gnu-smalltalk/scripts) and what vm-options
to allow. It then hands this over to gst.

Hm, gst-tool is dynamically linked against libgst and libsigsegv...

Yes, I was going to switch to dynamically linked executables for 3.0; the performance penalty is not there anymore for newer GCCs and I now have two executables that would link with it (in 2.3 I was using bash scripts instead).