Re: [Help-smalltalk] what version to play with

From: Mark Aufflick
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] what version to play with
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:36:19 +1000

Cool - I'll track the version control head then. Just thought I'd
check since with some projects vc head is way too unstable for a
newby!

I'm really pleased I checked into gst again - when I checked years ago
it was missing some things I really wanted.

First job - write a postgres driver :)

On 7/16/07, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've compiled and installed the latest release on my mac laptop no
> problem, but I'm wondering if I'm better off tracking head -
> especially since I'm likely to want to poke my nose into the seaside
> porting.

Yes, I suggest that you do that.  You can go halfway and use the latest
alpha, which is 2.95b, or 2.95c (when I do that, sometime next week).

2.95b introduces some fundamental changes that users should like but had
a few bugs, and 2.95c will fix these bugs.

Thanks!

Mark Aufflick
 contact info at http://mark.aufflick.com/about/contact