[Help-smalltalk] Re: GNU vs. Squeak vs. VW

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: GNU vs. Squeak vs. VW
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:03:55 +0300

The same, together with prints.

There's also a crude gdb-like debugger, but it's not that much of a performance boost.

Needless to say, unit tests are fundamental if debugging is a little harder. Up to a while ago I was lazy and used a "test" method which had to print only "true"s, but now I saw the light and many more GST packages come with SUnit testsuites (more on that next week).

I will add that my experience is a little different than the usual because I work 99% of the time in the GNU Smalltalk build tree rather than with an installed copy. Actually I'm interested in whether other people do the same.