Re: [Help-smalltalk] [patch] imply file by filein in package.xml, usuall

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [patch] imply file by filein in package.xml, usually
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:52:05 +0200

The best thing would be to add fileins automatically to either <file> or <built-file> using something like

    <filein dist="yes|no">

The extra verbosity would greatly reduce the benefit of implying
anything versus just specifying <built-file> explicitly, e.g.:

Sorry.  I was not clear.  In my proposal there would be four possibilities:

    <filein>foo</filein>
    <filein dist="no">foo</filein>
    <file>foo</file>
    <built-file>foo</file>

where the first two imply <file> and <built-file> respectively. Furthermore, the first one would be equivalent to

    <filein dist="yes">foo</filein>

In addition, this flag would close off other types of packaged files.  I
am not sure what those would be, but dare not limit the domain to that
of my imagination at this late hour.  :)

That is fixed by choosing a different attribute (e.g. type="built" vs. type="dist").