Re: [Help-smalltalk] POP and SMTP assistance

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] POP and SMTP assistance
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:22:14 -0500

Stephen wrote:
If you are compiling methods of a class, you can also "import" all
NetClients names for use in those methods by adding the namespace to
"poolDictionaries".
So thats what that is for. Thanks.

You may also put in any Dictionary with a name that uses Associations internally. See the class comments of Dictionary and LookupTable for an explanation. In fact, namespaces are just such dictionaries, and pool dictionaries existed long before namespaces.

The code is running now, however I'm getting an error on output when there are new messages. Error text is below and it refers to a tokensBaseOn call. I assume I have to load another Package... can you tell me how I would find what package to add in (so that I know what to do next time this happens).

I believe this is actually a bug; tokens were removed from the kernel some time ago, as the ANSI #subStrings: method suffices. Please replace "tokensBasedOn:" with "subStrings:" and let us know whether it worked.

--
;;; Stephen Compall ** http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog **
But you know how reluctant paranormal phenomena are to reveal