Re: [Help-smalltalk] Buildenvironment for a external module?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Buildenvironment for a external module?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:43:11 +0200

Robin Redeker wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 08:41:47AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
I'm currently wondering how to best put together a build environment
for an external module.
Is 'gst-package --prepare' supposed to setup such an environment?
More precisely, 'gst-package --prepare package.xml'.

Does the generated environment run of it's own or does it have to be
included in the smalltalk build tree?
It runs on its own.

Hm, and how do I continue from there? I got a gst.in, configure.ac and
Makefile.am.

I tried running the autotools as I've found it in a tutorial online, but
it just wont work:

   f# aclocal
   aclocal: configure.ac: 7: macro `AM_PATH_GST' not found in library

Have you installed gst properly? The AM_PATH_GST macro should be in /usr/local/share/aclocal (ah, I see now. Move it to /usr/share/aclocal).

   f# automake
   configure.ac: required file `./install-sh' not found
   configure.ac: required file `./missing' not found

First time, you need "automake --add-missing".

Actually, all three aclocal/autoconf/automake can be replaced by "autoreconf -fvi". This is the incantation you need to remember.