Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Compiling gst with mingw32

From: Cesar Rabak
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Compiling gst with mingw32
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:24:15 -0300

2007/9/27, Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> If you unpack a clean 2.3.6 distribution, cd into the top directory and
> apply the enclosed patch via
>
> patch -p0 < mingw.patch
> touch aclocal.m4 config.h.in configure
>
> It should fix the problems. You may get a warning about automake-1.9 not
> being available when you "configure and make", but you can ignore that.

Hi Freddie,

Your patch fixed the problems and gave the warnings as you predicted!

I had a small stumble on the building of docs (help2man has the path
for perl hardcoded and in a mingw32 installation it is available in
the binary path).

However, even if after I tried calling manually doing 'perl
../build-aux/help2man... etc., it failed saying help2man could not get
--help from gst.

After that, make complained I have not autom4te (which is true, but
configure did not complain earlier).

I was able to run make check and now I installed it with make install.

Present status: command line gst seems to be working (will test more
thoroughly tomorrow) but even though I compiled using:
./configure --with-tcl=/mingw/lib/ --with-tk=/mingw/lib

And I have a tcl and a tk in my mingw32 installation, as well as the
tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh there, I could not run Blox.

Regards,

--
Cesar Rabak