[Help-smalltalk] DLD not working?

From: Rob Hoelz
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] DLD not working?
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:21:18 -0600

Hello Smalltalkers of the GNU variety,

I'm trying to get the DLD class to work so I can call Xlib functions,
but I figured I'd try it out on libc functions first so I can figure
out how to use it.  However, I can't seem to get it to work even for
libc.  Here's the code I'm trying to use:

DLD addLibrary: 'libc'.

!SystemDictionary methodsFor: 'c callouts'!
stringCompare: lhs with: rhs
    <cCall: 'strcmp' returning: #int args: #(#string #string)>
! !

Transcript print: (Smalltalk stringCompare: 'foo' with: 'bar'); cr.

I've tried various arguments to DLD addLibrary (like '/usr/lib/libc',
stuff like that), but to no avail.  Could someone please let me know
what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rob Hoelz